Thursday, July 7, 2011

Picture perfect world

Have you ever gone to someone’s house and looked at their pictures or went online on a social network and looked endlessly at pictures?  Did you see the smiling faces, the moment captured forever in a single shot? A birthday, a graduation and a wedding celebration. Have you seen pictures of war, birth and cute little animals? They say a picture speaks a thousand words. I recently saw a picture of a friend of mine. By looking at the picture you would think they have a lifetime of happiness ahead of themselves. They were all smiling and being silly with wigs and big glasses. A month later her father passed away. All that is left are the memories of that moment captured in the picture. I looked at it and wondered if they would have been that silly had they known what was ahead. I wondered if they would all have had those terrific smiles and laughter flowing from their faces. I realize that I want to take my camera and capture every smile, every frown every tear every situation I possibly can to remind myself every day how precious life is.






No comments:

Post a Comment