Sunday, July 17, 2011

The biggest tormenter of oneself is the mind

Wow, it's been two weeks exactly that I've been walking around with this inner beast feasting on my mind. Going back and forth about where I am at this moment in time. If I was to stand outside of myself would I like what I see? Would I enjoy being around myself? Why have I turned into such a depressive person in such a short period of time? How come I don't wake up in the morning with a song in my heart like I used to? Through all this I am realizing that Life is tough and all I need to do is get tougher. I have the single most important gift that any person could ever want and that is my health. I am capable of moving mountains if I wanted to. I am capable of inspiring those of us who are least inspired. I walked on the beach last night. My husband wanted to know why I like to come to the beach at night and not during the daytime. He would not understand even if he wanted to. Being so close to the majestical ocean and the wide open sky with the weaning moon was the best therapy that money could buy. Standing with my feet in the water and letting the waves break over them washed away the past two weeks of torment that my mind put me through. I am going to clean out my closet tonight and tomorrow is the start of a brand new week in which I can do whatever I set my mind to. I will go to sleep tonight knowing that I am not going to lose these mind battles I put myself through.

No comments:

Post a Comment